Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Getting some use out of my ramekins


It was one of those days.

I walked into the kitchen with good ideas and good intent and I walked out with a firm kick in my pride.

Ouch.
I hate that.

I'll be honest and say that sometimes I can be rather melodramatic. You know... the cake didn't turn out so it must mean I'm a terrible baker, and oh my gosh now I'm rethinking my career decisions, and my life is over now I might as well just quit while I'm ahead.

Um. Hello! Drama queen, please exit stage left. Thank you.


So today I got right back into the water. Let's just say that my pride is regained so I guess my life can continue. I'm satisfied.

I realized a few things today. Let me share them with you:

1) Raw desserts always turn out for me. I just can't seem to screw them up. I like this;
2) Baked goods are having less and less appeal to me. More often than not I am now turning to raw food for both meals and for snacks (read: I bought a big bag of cacao so lots of chocolate-y things). And probably most importantly;
3) It's ok for things not to go perfectly all the time. I will have bad days. I just have to make the best of them.


I might edit the post later and post the recipe.

That is, I will if I can remember it.

Cheers!

P.S. You can totally see where my finger slipped onto one of the cakes in that last picture. Oops! I'll just eat that one, too...

5 comments:

  1. If I counted all the kitchen and especially baking disasters I have had, I should probably have closed down my blog long ago. I'd say it's part of the process.

    I really love raw desserts! Especially if there's some coconut involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so gooddd! And I'm really happy to hear that you're finding your nitch with the raw dessert making. Isn't it fun?

    I make mistakes with my raw treats all of the time, but they always seem so easy to fix. And it's super cool when the flavours and textures take you to a whole new idea.

    Woo for fingers slipping into the raw cakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, I need to get ramekins so I can have some fun with them! I also need to start really diving into raw desserts... I've been a little hesitant but you make everything look so good.

    I also wanted to let you know I have nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger Award, from one blogger to another! You can see my shout-out to you on my blog, here, if you want: http://thatssovegan.blogspot.com/2012/04/lime-blackberries-whole-lotta-blog-love.html

    Keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend diving into raw desserts... head first! They're lots of fun I'm sure you will love it.

      Thank you so much, love! You've put a big, toothy grin on my face today. :D

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous photos! My great grandmother used to have little bowls like those :) Can't wait for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete